Kokeshi Doll Furoshiki/Scarf
This variant is currently sold out
Furoshiki is the traditional Japanese wrapping cloth. With it's deep history rooted in bundling up your clothes when visiting a sento (japanese public baths), Furoshiki and the over-a-thousand-year-old art of wrapping is fast having a come back to become the most beautifully efficient and oldest way of eco gift wrapping!
In a modern world where we are constantly trying to find new ways to use less plastic and up our recycling footprint, wrapping gifts in high quality, REUSABLE fabric seems like a no brainer! Why waste wrapping paper (which is often covered in a thin layer of non-recyclable plastic!) when you can wrap a gift nicely with just a few quick knots. It looks great and you can either give the recipient the furoshiki as a bonus gift or ask for it back to be used again!
It can even be used to make your own makeshift bags or you could wear it as a scarf.
When I was traveling in Japan in the summer, it was incredible to see so many beautifully designed fabrics everywhere for this purpose exactly! I was inspired to start creating my own and I hope you guys agree with my passion.
- The scarfs come in 2 different sizes:
- size 1 - 52x52cm
- size 2 - 72x72cm
- Size 1 is great for wrapping small gifts; like a pair of Noodle Hoops in their gift box (Also great for bento boxes, boxed candles or for head scarf wearing!)
- Size 2 is great for wrapping medium gifts; like a neatly folded Kitsune Sukajan Bomber Jacket or Dango Kana Shirt! (Also great for a wine bottle, box of chocolates or book... also scarf wearing of course)
- My Furoshiki scarfs can be ordered separately (for your own try at Japanese gift wrapping!) or alternatively I can gift wrap it for you!
- Please add this scarf to your cart alongside the separate Gift Wrap option and mention which items in your cart you wish me to wrap for you in the classic furoshiki way.